The Vision of the faculty is to be recognised centre of science learning in Sri Lanka.
The Mission of the faculty is to produce competent graduates who excel in learning and research in basic sciences and who could contribute to the development of the nation.
- To attain an internationally recognisable level of teaching and research.
- To disseminate scientific knowledge and popularise science.
- To improve the quality of science education.
- To provide services directed towards the environmental, social and technological needs of the region.
- To be a regional research centre in science, developing indigenous scientific methods using local resources
- To improve the economic and social conditions of the local population